2020 Youth Roping Schedule
Starting July 8 – August 26, 2020
Practice nights will be on Wednesdays starting at 6:30pm to 9:00pm.
The Youth Roping Program provides profession instruction to any youth interested in roping. Participants will learn roping, horsemanship and arena etiquette in an environment that focuses on safety and learning.
All skill levels are welcome! We provide professional instruction for all levels.
Safety is our number one priority. Our instructor will assess each participant and make recommendations based on knowledge, skill level and equipment. Horses are not required for beginner ropers. Roping dummies & roping cattle are provided by the Cochrane Roping Club. Horses, ropes and other equipment are not provided. Participants must be younger than 21 years old & ID may be requested.
CRC Youth Roping Program
- Youth participants require a membership to the Cochrane Roping Club (two options):
- Individual youth (under 21 years of age)- GENERAL MEMBERSHIP-$50.00
- One or more youth under 21 years of age living under the same roof- FAMILY MEMBERSHIP- $110.00
- Hoping that 2019 brings the same Club Membership discounts at Lammle’s Western Wear of 15 % off and at North Forty Feed of 10% off
- Parent/guardian of minors must sign a Waiver for youth member
- No additional fees for youth members!
- Youth members are able to attend all practice nights throughout the season
- Youth members are able to rope in any jackpot series, but there are additional entry fees required to participate (same as adult fees)
- Location: Outdoor Arena at the Cochrane & District Ag Society Grounds.
2016, 2017, and 2018 Youth Roping Program
The last several seasons the instructor was Jeff Quam. Jeff is a champion team roper, as both a header and heeler. Jeff is a tremendous teacher for ropers of all experience levels! He has the patience to work with the learning roper and earns the respect of the youth with his own high skilled roping techniques. He will let the kids rope/try and then add his advice as he watches the individual roper progress. We are hopeful to have Jeff come again next season!